Free eBook! - Updated 9/9/22 with Version 6.0!
The Health Care for All Education Fund is pleased to present retired RN and longtime HCFA member Cris Currie's eBook: A Medicare for All Q&A.
You can email Cris at [email protected]
This is a free, interactive ebook that answers dozens of questions about single-payer healthcare and healthcare reform, including:
- Why don't we already have national health insurance? - Question 2
- Why didn't the ACA solve the problems? - Question 8
- Are universal healthcare, single-payer, public option, and Medicare for All synonymous? - Question 11
- How much profit is the medical-industrial complex making? - Question 17
A Medicare for All Q&A also dispels common arguments against single payer healthcare reform, such as:
- If the government forces drug prices down, won't that mean pharmaceutical companies will have to cut back on R&D and innovation will suffer? - Question 25
- What will happen to all of the industry employees who will lose their jobs under single-payer? - Question 26
- Don't lots of studies prove that single-payer will cost more? - Question 30
- Why should I have to pay for someone else's health care? - Question 20
- Won't single-payer dangerously limit choice? - Question 41
- Is the US government good enough for single-payer? - Question 49
To read A Medicare for All Q&A, click here to download in .epub format. The .epub file is compatible with e-reader device and some browsers. To view on your computer, clicking on the downloaded file should open it automatically in a browser, or prompt you on how you want to open it. You can also download an e-reader for your computer and view the book there.
To read the free ebook, you will need a special digital ebook (epub) reader on your mobile device or your computer.
iPhones and iPads come with a reader called iBooks that has several helpful features. After downloading the ebook, click on the little box with the up arrow at the bottom of the screen and then click “Open in iBooks” or “Copy to iBooks.”
Android devices come with a digital reader called OverDrive. After downloading the ebook, click on “Open in OverDrive.” You will need an epub reader with more features in order to jump between the different chapters.
Computer: You will need a digital reader for Windows or Macintosh. Free Adobe readers for computers can be downloaded here.
Kindle: .mobi - V6.0 coming soon!
Email author Cris Currie with your thoughts, feedback, questions, etc.
Please consider donating $5-10 if you found this exclusive HCFA-WA resource useful!